Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Big Flipping Deal ... Now Available on Kindle and in Print!

I've had a couple of bumps along the way, but Big Flipping Deal is now live on Amazon! And for those who like their books to have concrete physical reality, print copies can be found on Createspace!

If you need your appetite whetted, here's a little taste ...

Lindsey had the tiramisu, and I had the dark-chocolate-marbled cheesecake, and before she’d made it three bites in, she pointed her fork at her dessert and said, “Damn, we should have had Gus and Wendy order theirs before they left so we could double up. Is your cheesecake as good as this is?”

“You want to try it?” I asked, cutting a bite loose with my fork and holding it her direction. She glanced around, then said, “Sure.”

Parting those glossy red lips, she leaned slightly forward, and I raised the fork, edged it carefully nearer and nearer her mouth until she opened wide and let the bite pass her teeth – her eyes on mine the whole time. Closing, she slid her mouth back off the fork and chewed.

“Mmm,” she said, nodding and creasing her eyebrows. “Mm, yeah, that’s good. I don’t know if it’s as good as mine, but I admit I have a big coffee bias.”

I waited to see if she would offer me a bite in exchange. Instead, she put her cheek in one palm, elbow on the table, regarding me.

“Nick,” she said, “when Sam told me you were straight earlier, I shrugged and said we were just friends, so I didn’t know why it mattered. You know what he told me?”

I shook my head.

“He said, ‘That’s not how I heard it.’ What do you think he meant by that, Nick?”

With my face rapidly heating up, I decided to just go with the truth. “The other day, he was pestering me to come tonight, and he tried to bait the hook by telling me about all the hot bridesmaids. So I said something about having someone I was already interested in. I thought it might get him to stop bugging me.”

“That’s all?” she asked, cheek still resting on her hand.

“That’s all,” I said. Her lower lip moved in a way I couldn’t quite read. So I went on. “I mean, that’s the only reason I told him. I don’t mean it wasn’t true.”
Rush right over to Amazon to check out the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive dialogue is always appreciated; abuse and trollishness will keep your comment from being published. Play nice, please!