Wednesday, October 15, 2014

We Interrupt Our Regularly Scheduled Self-Absorbed Meanderings To Bring You This Breaking News


I was all set to write a snarky post about a ridiculous article I read yesterday, when I came instead across this amazing picture:


In case you're wondering, that's not a piece of concept art for a sci-fi movie or an artist's imagining of some futuristic space scene. It's an actual photograph taken by the lander aboard the Rosetta spacecraft, currently closing in on Comet 67P/C-G in preparation for making the first-ever landing on a comet, most likely sometime next month.

Tune in later in the week for the snark. I just didn't have it in me after seeing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive dialogue is always appreciated; abuse and trollishness will keep your comment from being published. Play nice, please!